Are you ready to be your own boss and create a new online business?
Make the leap from your 9 to 5 and kick start your entrepreneurial journey!
Before I started my business, I would sit in my corporate cubicle and dream about creating a digital course and online business.
The problem was, I had no idea how to create a digital course.
I also didn't have an email list, a social media following, or a roadmap to show me how to leave my cubicle behind and build an online business. Raise your hand if you can relate!
If this sounds anything like you and you’re ready to make the leap from 9 to 5 cubicle to digital course entrepreneurship, I’m excited for you to hear all about it in this podcast episode.
In it, I tell you all about what I’ve learned over the last 11 plus years of building a thriving digital course business -- stories and practices you can put into place today to save you the time and headaches that I experienced along the way. (Boy how I wish someone would have done the same for me early on.)
If you love a few behind-the-scenes stories of my early day hiccups, well then my friend, you’re in for a treat because I’m spilling the beans…. Just wait until you hear how getting yelled at on the tarmac at the airport changed my entrepreneurial journey.
Here’s a glance at this episode...
- [07:32] I left my corporate job and my first stop was working one-on-one doing social media for small businesses. I fell into the common trap of taking on too many clients.
- [08:35] For two years, I had a business I hated!
- [11:55] If you're in a similar situation, let go of a few clients but keep a few as well. Free up the time to create the business of your dreams.
- [13:11] Prioritize tiger time. Commit to at least one full hour a week to work on the business you want to work on and nothing else.
- [15:15] Start creating consistent content and share it with the world.
- [17:53] Devote time to get comfortable on video. Video brings a whole new level of connection with your audience.
- [19:55] Fuel that big beautiful brain of yours. Becoming the go-to expert in your industry means that you never stop learning.
- [22:00] Find a mentor or two. Having a coach or mentor that you can meet with on a regular basis is a great way to remain accountable.
Rate, Review, & Subscribe on Apple Podcasts
‘I love Amy and Online Marketing Made Easy.’ <– If that sounds like you, please consider rating and reviewing my show here! This helps me support more people — just like you — move toward the online life and business that they desire. Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let me know what you loved most about the episode!
Also, if you haven’t done so already, subscribe to the podcast. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the feed and, if you’re not subscribed, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out. Subscribe now!
Disclaimer: All podcast content and artwork are property of its respective owners.