- Wired: Inside DeepMind's epic mission to solve science's trickiest problem
- DeepMind blogs on the partnership with Moorfields NHS eye hospital and predicting eye disease, and Moorfields’ news announcement on its research with DeepMind
- DeepMind blog: AlphaFold: Using AI for scientific discovery
- DeepMind blogs on reducing Google’s energy bill for datacentre cooling and how this project has progressed
- Research paper: Tackling Climate Change with Machine Learning 1. Quanta magazine: How Artificial Intelligence Is Changing Science
- DeepMind blog: How evolutionary selection can train more capable self-driving cars
- Other examples of the application of AI for real-world impact include:
[Francis Crick Institute: machine learning models that can help predict heart disease](http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0202344)
[NASA: AUDREY machine learning system to better guide first responders through fires](https://technology.nasa.gov/features/audrey.html)
[University of Southern California: Protection Assistant for Wildlife Security using AI to help wildlife conservation](http://teamcore.usc.edu/people/Paws/index.html#news)
Interviewees: Pearse Keane, consultant ophthalmologist at Moorfields Eye Hospital; Sandy Nelson, Product Manager for DeepMind’s Science Program; and DeepMind Program Manager Sims Witherspoon.
Credits: Presenter: Hannah Fry Editor: David Prest Senior Producer: Louisa Field Producers: Amy Racs, Dan Hardoon Binaural Sound: Lucinda Mason-Brown Music composition: Eleni Shaw (with help from Sander Dieleman and WaveNet)
Disclaimer: All podcast content and artwork are property of its respective owners.